TO QUALIFY - This program is for drivers who already possess a valid Class A or Class B commercial driver's license and are looking to add the Passenger Endorsement to their license.
Applicants must also possess a current DOT physical card and provide a copy to the school.
ELDT CERTIFIED COURSE - The curriculum standards of this course incorporate the curricular recommendations set forth by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA), new Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) rule; effective on February 7, 2022, which established new minimum training standards for certain individuals applying for their commercial driver's license (CDL) for the first time; an upgrade of their CDL (e.g., a Class B CDL holder seeking a Class A CDL); or a hazardous materials (H), passenger (P), or school bus (S) endorsement for the first time. These individuals are subject to the entry-level driver training (ELDT) requirements and must complete a prescribed program of instruction provided by an entity that is listed on FMCSA's Training Provider Registry (TPR).
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES - The primary objective of this certificate program is to prepare students with the necessary skills to handle a commercial passenger vehicle in a safe and professional manner to sufficiently pass a state skills exam and become a licensed commercial driver. This objective will be met by providing a solid curriculum that includes theory and behind the wheel instruction. Students will receive up to 34 hours of combined classroom, lab, range, road, and highway driver training.
Program objectives include but are not limited to:
• Develop driving skills in maneuvering a commercial passenger bus vehicle as required by the industry and federal DOT regulations.
• Acquaint students with safety regulations and precautions throughout the training program.
• Introduce students to the current Department of Transportation laws and regulations and the new FMCSA Entry-Level Driver Training rule.
• Develop the proper attitude of responsible employees who will perform their duties in a manner that will be a credit to the trade and industry.
• Provide a general overview of the industry, how it functions and what to expect as new entry-level commercial drivers.
• Acquaint students with driving on public road and highways through applied experience maneuvering in various traffic conditions.
• Adopt an effective and detailed approach to driver records, and trip planning, including map reading, route selection, cargo restrictions, paper, and e-logs.
COURSE LENGTH - This course design is two (2) weeks, five (5) days per week. The first two days consists of theory classes. The student must complete this course section within the first few days from the start of their class date, pass a DOT Physical Exam and submit a copy to the school, and obtain their Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) from their state of residence prior to attending the in person behind the wheel portion of their course program.
Students will have received actual behind-the-wheel instruction and practice at our range training facilities prior to driving on public roads and highways.
CLASSROOM, LAB, RANGE, & ROAD TRAINING SCHEDULE (location dependent)
Week 1 - Monday through Tuesday from 10am to 2pm = up to 8 (Classroom) course hours
Week 1 - Monday - Tuesday (hours vary - must complete 4 hours) = 4 (Home-Study) course hours
Week 2 - Monday - Friday from 10am to 4pm = up to 20 (Lab/Range/Road) course hours
TOTAL ORIENTATION COURSE HOURS = 2
TOTAL THEORY (CLASSROOM) COURSE HOURS = 12
TOTAL BEHIND THE WHEEL (LAB/RANGE/ROAD) COURSE HOURS = Up to 20
TOTAL COMBINED COURSE HOURS = Up to 34
TUITION COST: $1,800.00 USD - There is a non-refundable $100.00 USD registration fee assessed to each student to help defer administrative costs associated with application and student assessment review. This fee is included with the tuition paid to the School.
Students are advised that the costs of the State Exam ($200) and the Commercial Learner's Permit fee ($10-$30), ARE NOT INCLUDED with the tuition paid to the school, are NON-REFUNDABLE third-party fees, will vary from state or facility, and are the sole responsibility of the student.
Copyright © 2018-2023 Native Nations CDL Training, LLC. - All Rights Reserved.
Site Design: www.dreamoneproductions.com