We look forward to the opportunity to help you reach your goals and become a positive experience in your life's journey. May you all be blessed and safe out on the road and wherever the road of life leads you! Follow the Star!
Applicants for these training programs must possess a valid driver's license from their state of residence and have held a driver's license for more than one year with an acceptable driving record. Applicants must also pass a DOT physical exam by an approved medical examiner and provide a copy of the results to the school prior to or during the student's orientation.
Students are advised that the costs of the State Exam ($200), DOT Physical Exam ($80-$150), (CLP) Commercial Learner's Permit ($10-$30), and the TSA Screening fee ($86.50 if applicable) ARE NOT INCLUDED with the tuition paid to the school, are NON-REFUNDABLE third-party fees, and are the sole responsibility of the student.
In addition to the general admissions requirements previously stated; the following requirements must be fully satisfied prior to the student's orientation date:
• Must be 18 years or older. An individual cannot drive across state lines (interstate) until reaching the age of 21 years. However, between the ages of 18 and 21 a student can obtain a commercial driver’s license and drive within their state of residence (intrastate) until they reach the age of 21 or over.
• Must not have been convicted of a disqualifying felony within three years of the date of application. Some exceptions apply. During initial orientation, disclosure of any felony convictions or excessive traffic violations must be disclosed.
• Must be free of physical impairment that would prohibit safe entry/exit, and operation of CMV vehicles and facility equipment.
• Must fill out a Student Pre-Enrollment Form or Register Online, and pay any tuition amounts due prior to attending training (unless prior payment arrangements have been made).
• Must have dependable transportation to and from class.
• Must have the ability to attend class during the scheduled days and hours the student has agreed to, or the school deems necessary to schedule or change for any reason.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English sufficiently enough to converse with the general public; to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make legible entries on reports and records.
The school recognizes that some applicants may not meet all of the general admissions requirements listed above, but still may be able to secure gainful employment. In addition, the school understands some applicants may be taking training for their own personal fulfillment or for a private business. The above requirements serve to notify applicants that companies who hire through the school's job placement assistance services will not hire recent ex-offenders, alcohol/substance abusers, and applicants with certain physical limitations as defined by Federal D.O.T. Physical requirements, or applicants with poor driving records. Job placement assistance with these conditions will be unavailable to the applicant. Therefore, providing the applicant can meet all requirements to obtain a CDL license and the applicant understands and signs the "Job Placement Assistance Waiver Release" form; admittance to the school can be considered.
Class dates are subject to change without notice at any given time in order to accommodate any unusual circumstances beyond the control of the school or for any reason the school deems needed.
Classes are based on a first come first served basis, it is important to register early to ensure a seat for the intended class date you desire.
TRAINING SCHEDULES (location dependent)
Classroom hours (Monday through Friday from 10am to 2pm).
Range hours (Monday through Friday from 10am to 4pm).
Road hours (Monday through Friday hours will vary between 8am and 4pm in 2-hour blocks per day).
Evening and weekend class sessions are subject to approval and the availability of instructors and/or resources.
"Special Scheduling" of off days, evening, and weekend class sessions are subject to the approval of the Chief Operations Manager and the availability of the instructors and/or equipment or resources.
The school may postpone the scheduled starting date of a program due to any unplanned event but not limited to, such as an act of God, illness, or lack of student count, or any other reason the school may deem necessary. The maximum period of delay depends on the degree of the situation but not to exceed 180 days.
The school does not provide either State or Federal financial aid. If a student obtains a loan or payment plan to pay for a training course, the student will have the responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan plus any interest, less the amount of any refund.
Instruction and curriculum material is offered only in English. The student must be able to provide verification of their ability to speak, read, and write English. The student’s ability to obtain and provide a copy of a Commercial Learner’s Permit will be the basis for documentation of the student’s ability to satisfy the English proficiency requirement and/or the high school/GED equivalence requirement. Contact the school's Student Services Coordinator for more information.
NNCT does not provide an interpreter and no modification of the training programs will be made to accommodate any other language.
NNCT, in accordance with Section 438 of the General Education Provisions Act, maintains all student hard copy records at its administrative offices in Gallup, New Mexico, and the original hard copies and digitized copies of student records in a secured location in Church Rock, New Mexico. These records are confidential in nature and no disclosure is provided to outside inquiries or sources without the student's written consent. The student is eligible to inspect and review the records and may amend or update the file for accuracy of personally identifiable information. All matters concerning this policy must be directed to the Chief Academic Officer.
Copyright © 2018-2023 Native Nations CDL Training, LLC. - All Rights Reserved.
Site Design: www.dreamoneproductions.com